Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Splurge!

I know I have pictures due, but right now I've caught a cold after a long week of flying to and from Oregon to pick up my MIL (she sews too). She and I went shopping yesterday, with Ed in tow and split the 26 pack of Gutermann thread. In addition it was half off and she had a 10% off your entire purchase coupon, so we made out of there like bandits. We divvied up the contents since she sews a lot of brights and I don't and I stuck all my other Gutermann threads in the box.

And to my surprise...she bought me a brand spankin' new sewing machine! Nothing fancy, but it's new and isn't as temperamental as my old Babylock. My recent used Babylock died on me and no longer will pick up the bobbin thread no matter what I do. Very sad, since I was so happy to find a nice one for so cheap. I'm sure once I get it serviced that it will be fine again, although who knows when I will get around to doing that. I have a ton more to service before that one. But the new one is my primary machine for the moment. It's just a little Brother machine, but straight out of the box it was sewing perfect stitches with no hang ups like I have with my others. I love it!

1 comment:

  1. hey Valerie -

    Congrats on your new sewing machine! I came across your blog and just had to say hi. I laughed as I read your 'dud' post! And can TOTALLY sympathize with sewing on a budget -- I'm a weekly Joann bargain shopper myself. LOVE the 50% off notions wall, right??!!

    And I often have an Ed in tow, too. Only it's my 8-yr-old :)

    Keep up the good work! Happy Holidays!

    Shellie

    ReplyDelete