Sunday, December 28, 2008

Books!




A Christmas present from a good friend were 2 sewing books. One was 201 Quilt Blocks: Motifs, Projects, and Ideas by Louise Bell and another was Making Your House a Home by Lynette Jensen.

These came right in time for my almost MIL to teach me a simple block quilt, which will be my first. When I started sewing I said to myself that I wouldn't do quilts, that it was too cliche and that I didn't have the room.

This, of course, was before I fell in love with sewing and when Ed and I were living with 2 other roommates in a tiny 2 bedroom condo. 5 sewing machines later to add to the collection and a nice fabric stash and I'm ready to tackle quilting. Plus I just love those little darning/embroidery feet and need a reason to buy one.

1 comment:

  1. Have you done a quilt block yet? Good luck--you will become adicted before long!

    ReplyDelete