Thursday, March 5, 2009

Has It Been That Long?

I've been absent a while. I have been having some medical problems, some from my recent surgery and some totally unrelated. It's been hard for me to get around, but I did manage to sew a few things and will show them in my next post. Ed is a much better photographer than I am, so I try and get him to take the pics.

I will say that I worked on Simplicity 2860 and 2705.


On the pants pattern it went along very well but I came to a few problems with 2705, the shorts view in the middle. That one made me want to scream, not from difficulty but because there was an error with my pattern pieces. I don't know if it's in them all, or just mine but the waistband was too short for the waist. I made some alterations, but only by adding a little to it, so it shouldn't have been short at all if I did that, even if I messed up by NOT adding to the increase to the shorts pieces. I ended up adding the width of the pocket to the waistband (it's an overlapping waistband that secures on the side). Obviously, Simplicity neglected to do that to the original piece.

Pictures will come soon! I'm also in the process of remaking a very, very nasty polyester shirt that I found at the thrift store. I took out the seams and made pattern pieces of them. I've actually made most of the shirt but realized too late that I needed a stretchier knit than I had used. I've pulled out one with the same stretch as the original, so my next one should turn out better. The shirt itself, originally, cost about $6, but $6 for a pattern isn't too bad!

1 comment: