Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Note: Don't Sew While Tired

Last night I wanted to get some sewing time in between the hours of 12am and 3am. I've been trying to adjust my schedule (I'm a night owl) from going to bed at 4am to something earlier because of a terribly early doctors appointment in about a week. So, I've been pretty tired lately, especially since I've been on some medication that causes drowsiness. I was pretty much a zombie last night, but I was determined to finish sewing the McCalls 8107 2nd wearable muslin. I ended up sewing the neckline/armhole facings (all in one), grading and clipping before I realized that it was backwards. I also realized that I had been working off of the wrong set of instructions and had inserted the zipper before I should have, which I had to tear out today since I was disgusted with the whole thing last night by the time I had corrected my mistake.

So, lets hope the next time I decide that I'm bound and determined to sew, that I'm not so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment