Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Brief Intermission


I've been a little ill the last few days and haven't been up to working on the Superman jacket. So, I made what we've been needing badly. Zippered pouches to hold our mp3 players. It's hard to keep the earbuds and the player all together in a pocket or a purse without it tangling, so I used this tutorial to make a lined zippered pouch. Mine is on the left and is larger because I wanted the ability to watch movies on my player (which means it has a small screen) if I was sitting in a doctors office, and Ed's is the smaller and just functions as an mp3 player so he can listen to audiobooks at work (he does graphic design work). Both were bought, I might add, utilizing sales and shopping the best deals at the time, and were also saved for, rather than it being a rash decision. The Budget and all...

The larger polka dot pouch has a blue heart lining and uses a vintage zipper, bought at one thrift store or another. The smaller, check pattern (which only matches by chance!) has a red lining to match the vintage red zipper. Very guy, if I do say so. Thankfully I had a small scrap of the check fabric that I got in some large bag of scraps. It wasn't big enough to make much else, except maybe another pouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment