Friday, August 8, 2008

Vogue 8333

(Photo from here)
JoAnn Fabric was having a sale on Vogue patterns from the 7th-9th. Thankfully I remembered a half an hour before they closed tonight that I have been drooling over this jacket for months now. Every time I cruise the site, I always, always end up back at this pattern. I don't usually buy Vogue since they are a lot more expenisive than the other big pattern names. Budget sewing doesn't allow for frivilous pattern buying, unless of course, it's one of those 99 cent sales. Because of this, I own a lot of Simplicity and Butterick, but less Vogue and the lesser known names. I'm not saying that the money they want isn't justified (though I've never been a brand name/designer kind of girl), but I just simply can't spend over $10 on one pattern. There is that pesky budget after all, and that means being thrifty.

But, $3.99 I can do! This pattern probably won't get made for some time, but it's pretty classic and probably won't go out of style quickly. It's an advanced pattern, and I'm not confident enough about my skills to attempt it. Yet. But, I will. I will choose my fabric carefully and make sure I utilize sales and/or coupons, but some day you'll see another blog post about this beautiful Vogue 8333.

No comments:

Post a Comment