Thursday, August 7, 2008

More Superman Progress Pt 2


I've made some progress lately by sewing up the side and arm seams and adding the pockets, and even attached the hood until I realized that I had made the buttonholes a bit wrong. Though, in all honesty I don't think it was my fault. I reread the instructions many times and the buttonholes are just in the wrong place on the hood. The need to be closer to the hood edge, but they are pretty far back. I ened up ripping out the hood and scrounging for more of the blue flannel, except I didn't have any blue flannel left. So I had to wait to go to the store for more RIT Dye (and now, at this point I'm getting frustrated). So I have some flannel to dye and then a hood to attach again. I'm going to wait on making the buttonholes until I have to sew up the hood's self facing this time. Lets hope that it works!

But, I'm very pleased with how it is coming out. The pattern is pretty easy, as I've found most Kwik Sew patterns to be. From what I've found, Kwik Sew has some great mens patterns that aren't too difficult and that work up so nicely. I have had to make a few alterations on the Kwik Sew patterns I've used, but what pattern doesn't need at least a few alterations to make it "yours"?

And I just realized that I need to take pictures of the details since I promised that as well. The inside is pretty as well since I used a twin needle and the twin needle also kind of finishes the inside as well as sewing the outside details. Closest I'll come to a coverstitch machine is the good 'ole twin needle

No comments:

Post a Comment