Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sewing Hiatus

I am going into an involuntary sewing hiatus. Involuntary because I don't want to be in it! But, alas, I have had not fun and painful back surgery and am recovering. That means long long days of being in bed and you certainly can't sew in bed with a sewing machine! The sewing machine is getting plenty of use with my almost MIL though. She's been sewing aprons, a doll and a dinosaur, and is working on a scrap quilt for each of the dogs. She also has a wardrobe to create. At the moment I am sewing vicariously through her.

I had all the good intentions in the world to get pictures taken of me in my new skirts from last month, but then I broke our bed and we had to hunt for a new one the day before surgery. You can't have a broken bed when you are about to have back surgery!

I am teaching myself how to crochet though. I've known how to knit for some time but it takes forever to knit something. I have heard that crochet is faster and figured that being bed-ridden was a good time to learn. My first project will be a small purse with a flap that uses half double crochet. I practiced single, double and half double all last night, so I may tackle my project today if I am feeling up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment